Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A Verse Weighing On My Heart

However I consider my life worth nothing to me, my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task that the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the good news of Gods grace.
Acts 20:24

Why is life even worth living if I am not testifying to the good news of Gods grace? 
My life is pointless if I am not spreading His word. Pointless. 
As His witnesses, He has called us to so much more than living for ourselves. SO MUCH MORE.
Our life is fleeting, a short breath on earth. What are we doing with it?
Living for ourselves?
Or living for Christ? 
How much is your life and worldly desires worth to you? nothing?
or everything?

So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the 

air.but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, 

after I have preached to others, I myself will not be 

disqualified.

1 Corinthians 9: 26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment