Friday, May 30, 2014

Coffee Date Linkup

Today I am linking up with Dearest Love for a coffee date! I always get so excited for coffee linkups because it really gives us a chance to get to know each other and encourage each other.

This past week has flown by! I am just going to highlight some key events that really brought me joy. Like real, true joy. The kind where you just cant stop smiling :)

Sunday: My church is my favorite. I love my small group, my pastor, and the youth girls small group we just started for over the summer. I love all the sweet people who fill the pews every sunday and who are always available for a hug, a smile, or just a word of encouragement. (I think I'm going to do a post just about my little church next week. They are so dear to my heart!)

Monday: Memorial Day. My parents, Matthew and I took the canoe out to Shelby Farms where they have a lake called "Patriot Lake" (a name fit for the occasion right?!) We had the best day full of laughs and making memories. My dad flipped the canoe! I couldn't stop laughing.


Tuesday: Matthew's birthday present to me was to take me to a waterpark. however, it was raining and the park was closed. So instead we went to Nashville for the day and decided to surprise his parents when they got off work. I love road trips with my man.

The rest of this week has been pretty casual and relaxing! I'm loving summer so far!!

Now to get down to the not-so-fun stuff to talk about:

1. I've definitely had my sassy pants on this past week. I've made a lot of things all about me, when I know its really all about Him. I should've held my tongue more than talk about pointless things that aren't pointing anyone to Christ.

2. I've drank WAY too much coffee this week. I have been going none stop! It's time to cut back. I usually drink it all day on my 10 hour work days....And I mean alllllllll day.

3. It's time for me to start focusing on what matters. The people around me matter, not getting more rest cause I'm exhausted. I need to make things happen that need to happen. Our life is short and we need to make what matters count. I'm going to live radically my Savior. I can be lazy and get rest later.
How has your week been?!
xoxo,
Lacey Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment