Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"All Aboard the Green Smoothie Band Wagon!"



You have probably all heard about the green smoothie craze going on right now.
I was skeptical at first (I mean who would want to drink something green?!) but now I am all for this yummy green smoothie and I have jumped on the bandwagon.
Now in most cases I would tell you that jumping on bandwagons is not ok. But this is a bandwagon I highly recommend you jump on! Green Smoothies for breakfast is a great way to get in your nutrients and vitamins at the start of your day. It gives you energy and kick-starts your metabolism!!
My dad got me hooked on it. He bought a nutribullet and some veggies and began whipping up some yummy smoothies. I got so pumped up about it that I had to looked up some recipes on pinterest...you can find some of my favorites here, here, & here .
Here are some key ingredients that I put in my green smoothies:
1. spinach or kale (about 2 cups)
2. mixed berries - I usually buy a bag of frozen berries in bulk
3. half a banana - gives you that extra kick of potassium!
4. nonfat plain yogurt
5. coconut water for consistency (and an excellent source of vitamins!)
6. chia seeds (love these things! SO much nutrition in such tiny seeds!)

I didn't get a chance to do a step by step today with pictures. Maybe I will on another day soon!

On a completely unrelated note, I took Matthew on a surprise date day & also got to mark off one of my goals of 101 in 1001!


We started off at my house and then went to Salvation Army to pick up our new (to us) furniture for remodeling our apartment. We borrowed my dads truck and lets just say it was a family affair...everyone was helping us get that huge tv stand/cabinet up to Matthews second story apartment. Even my Granny! Love her so much. There are pictures to come from the loft remodel soon, almost done!
Anyways, I took Matthew to get sushi and one of his favorite drinks from the gas station. When we got back out to his car, I pulled out a bandanna and blind folded him! Then I drove his car the long windy way to Shelby Farms park so he would be confused where we were. Shelby Farms is one of our favorites places to go, and we would choose a picnic over a restaurant date any day. So that's what I had planned! A picnic at a romantic spot in Shelby Farms.



Matthew didn't know that of course. When we got to the park, I kept him blindfolded till we got to our little secret spot under the trees.


Good gravy I'm so in love with this handsome guy! He always does so much for me, and I wanted to show him just how much I love him. It was a perfect day with my amazing man, and I'm so thankful for every day I get to spend with him! Whether it be a good day or a bad day, it doesn't make a difference.


xoxo,
Lace


No comments:

Post a Comment