Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My Little Churches Garden

There's just something about a garden.
The life being created there, the joy of watching something grow.
My church has started a little community garden where we grow vegetables and flowers.
It's so cute and really draws us together as a community!

source 


source


Some of the people in our church got together and built raised beds. Whoever wanted to plant a garden just claimed theirs and got to planting! 
The garden is in the field directly behind our church.





I love this part of my church. It truly is a beautiful thing to watch life happen right before your eyes! I'm thankful for a God who created such beauty and uniqueness in every flower and plant. I'm thankful for the hands that built these raised beds. I'm thankful for the community of Christ, not just at my church, but through the blogs I follow as well. 

 And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.  But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!

This verse came to mind while writing this blog post. But can I just be real with y'all for a second? After I read this verse, I began thinking about my own faith. Would Jesus, if He were right in front of me, characterize me as someone with abundant faith, or little faith? Do I trust Him with all aspects of my life? Do I lay down my life for His glory daily?
To be honest, I wanted to leave out the last part that said " You of little faith!"
I didn't want to address this in my own life and I wanted this blog post to not be a preachy moment. But we need to examine our lives daily. It's critical in our walk with Christ. 
Do I trust Christ wholeheartedly?
Do I trust Him enough to give Him my all? To go where He leads? To love with reckless abandon?
Do I trust Him to dress me beautifully in the traits of His character and not worry AT ALL about the latest fashion or people's opinion of me?
I'm praying today that God would help me trust Him more. Love Him better. Seek Him on a deeper level. 
This life is about more than what the world has to offer! 
Live passionately today, and love like its your last. 

Have a glorious Monday friends!,
xoxo,
Lace

P.S. Please forgive my photography skills-I'm not as good as I want to be yet!


A Harvest of Blessing

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of garden beds at church that people can plan in, so neat!
    I love the questions you've posed, such great ones for us all to ask ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chantel! Thanks for stopping by! I love it too, it gives an opportunity to eat fresh & healthy foods for people who would've otherwise be able to!

      Delete
  2. It's so nice that your church offers this space, and what a great way to build up the community! The pepper plant looks amazing... yum! {stopped by from the Jack of All Trades link-up}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitlin! I'm so glad the link up brought you to my blog! & I am also glad you left a comment because I didn't see your blog in the link up since there were so many. Excited to follow you on your journey! The pepper plant is good, but it is Hot!! :)

      Delete
  3. That is so neat that your church offers garden spaces! God really has created such beautiful scenery and plants for us to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenna! Thanks for stopping by! I agree, God's creation is beautiful & it's good to admire His gifts...and eat them too :)

      Delete