Monday, June 16, 2014

D A D

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!!
I have not been blogging very much recently because I felt that I had nothing worth saying. However, today is a super special day so I definitely have something to write about!
Today is my dad's birthday!!
He's almost over the hill...not quite...but almost!
I know I've shared this a few times before, but my parents really truly are my best friends. They do so much for me and are always there for me. Most people butt heads with their parents, and lets face it..sometimes we butt heads, but we make it into a joke and laugh it off!
 
My dad and I are very similar.
We both have pretty strong opinions about certain topics.
We both love to go camping.
We both love to fish.
We both love to quote movies lines.
We both love to annoy my brother (just kidding Charlie!! (:  )
I have so many of my dad's character traits and I'm so glad I do!
 
My dad is the one who taught me how to pray. Who taught me to put one toy up when I wanted to get another one out (I never did this by the way). He's the one who taught me how to be silly and to not get into a "tizzy" over anything. He's the one who bought my first car, taught me to put sugar into my rice krispies cereal, and helped me study my flashcards. He's the one who had countless tea parties with me, let me ride on his shoulders, took me on daddy-daughter dates and dances. He has treated me like a princess everyday of my life.
 
I've learned so much from my dad and I will never take his leadership of our family for granted.
 
 
After church yesterday we all went to my grandmothers to eat lunch and after that we all did what dad loves: rides motorcycles. We rode for hours and had dinner together at Rizzi's pizza. It was such a fun day! Today dad has to work at the fire station, so I'm making him his birthday dinner! whoop whoop! Hope its good! Keeping my fingers crossed :)
Have a great Monday! :)





 


3 comments:

  1. New follower!!! SO happy to have found a christian blogger of my age ( I'll trun 19 in september). Totally love your blog vision and your heart for the Lord! Have a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I forgot to write that I am sorry if I didn't write that well in English, French is my first language.
      Have a nice day! - Angélique

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you stopped by! Cant wait to follow you on your journey as well!! And that is so cool that your first language is french! :)

      Delete