Friday, September 2, 2016

EQUIPPED FOR VICTORY



For You EQUIPPED me with STRENGTH for the battle. Psalm 18: 39


This morning I have the morning off by some miracle and I was able to really sit down and soak up the word of God deep into my soul. The house is a wreck, I have about 100 things on my to do list, but here...it is still, quiet, peaceful. And it is the only place I really need/want to be. I came to sit at His feet, hopeful and expectant, and He spoke to me as He faithfully does when we draw near to listen. 

I have read Psalm 18 numerous times, but today it stood out to me. It talks about a man in a time of distress and how the psalmist cried out the Lord for help and He came...in all his holiness and righteous anger. He "took [him] and drew [him] out of many waters. He rescued [him] from the strong enemy...and from those who were too strong for [him]." (vs 16-17)

The strong enemy.... I am not sure who the psalmist is speaking of in his scenario, but as I read this passage this morning I knew exactly who my strong enemy is. it's satan. 

satan...the master manipulator, ultimate liar, and dangerous deceiver. The one who makes it his life mission to trick you into thinking you will never be good enough to do that thing God is calling you to do, he deceives you into believing that living righteously is unachievable, and flat out lies to you that the things of this world are worth your time and affection.

this is my strong enemy. 

But as I went on reading, words of redemption, grace, and victory jumped off of the page and into my heart and gave me promises I will cling to forever. 

Here are some notes from it this morning... 

               For it is you who light my lamp
           the Lord my God lightens my darkness.

For by you I can run against a troop,    ------>  troop from the enemy

    and by my God I can leap over a wall.----> a wall that was meant to trip me  
                                                         up or even stop me altogether 
                                                          from doing Gods will



This God—his way is perfect;[d]
    the word of the Lord proves true;
    he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.

For who is God, but the Lord?

    And who is a rock, except our God?—

 
the God who equipped me with strength ----> He has given me everything I 
                                                           need    and made my way blameless. -----> protected and delivered me from sin

He made my feet like the feet of a deer

    and set me secure on the heights.




He trains my hands for war,---> he TRAINS me thru His word and every day    
                                                    scenarios, for the war we fight against the 
                                                    spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places   

 so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

You have given me the shield of your salvation, ---> to extinguish the flaming darts
                                                                                  the evil one    

and your right hand supported me,

    and your gentleness made me great.
 

You gave a wide place for my steps under me----> with the Lord there is FREEDOM


    and my feet did not slip.

I pursued my enemies and overtook them,
    and did not turn back till they were consumed.
 
I thrust them through, so that they were not able to rise;    

they fell under my feet.-----> the enemies are satan/his demons and my sin, but 
                                                  God gave me victory over them so that I am above
                                                 them. they cannot rise back up in my life 



For you equipped me with strength for the battle;
    you made those who rise against me sink under me.


We are in a battle, but we have already won the victory!!! No walls (challenges, temptations, road blocks, etc) that satan throws in your way today can change that. but notice the verse says BY my GOD I CAN leap over a wall. We can dodge those temptations to sin and  continue the serving we are doing for the advancement of God's kingdom but its..(1) by God's help alone and (2) its a choice..we CAN..but WILL we? 

He has GIVEN us everything we need for victory, we just have to choose victory today. So today I am saying "get behind me satan."  And hear this friend....he has zero power over your decisions, your actions, or your joy. 

So today choose to leap over walls, take up the shield of salvation, and be trained for battle. Because He has equipped you with all the strength you need. 

-Lacey


No comments:

Post a Comment