Sunday, October 2, 2016

Stay the Path



This season of my life has been an impactful one to say the least.
I have been stretched and tempted- neither of which are fun places to be.

But I have also been encouraged, built-up, and strengthened. 

Sometimes the Lord takes us to new levels where the terrain is bumpier, rockier, and more uncertain than ever before. I feel tossed and bruised and many times like an absolute failure as I try to navigate the field of emotions that accompany the journey. 

The daily privilege of loading up my cross and carrying it with me, denying myself and putting others first, and walking in the Spirit is such a JOY but also a struggle against the flesh of choosing the things of the Spirit and denying the things of the skin and bone. 

It's daily choosing the truth instead of the emotions. Choosing to get up and gratefully serve my husband, take care of the body the Lord has so graciously given me, and do my work for the Lord instead of listening to my emotions that say:
"you're not good enough"
and
"you're going to fail"

these emotions make me want to crawl back up in bed and call it quits for the day...or the week. 
and all of those emotions are straight from the devil. 

But it is during this season that the Lord has spoken to me most frequently. He has called me to big things that honestly scare me and I feel like Moses..."me, Lord? But I am not equipped and I cannot speak clearly. Surely you meant to pick someone else." 

But the Lord makes no mistakes. He didn't accidentally get the numbers mixed up on your  address and meant to call the girl down the street to this specific task. 

And He has made no mistakes about you. 

Whatever He has called you to.. He meant for YOU. 
You have everything you need. You have the fruits of His Spirit ready to be used. There's no need to earn them! 

A nugget of truth He spoke over me today is psalm 41:11.
It says
"By this I know that you delight in me; my enemy [satan] will NOT shout in triumph over me." --emphasis mine

So you and I..we need to jump head first into whatever it is He has called us to. 
Even if it's scary.
Even if it seems impossible.
Even if you feel like the absolute last person qualified. 

The devil will be SO QUICK to whisper lies into your ear, especially when He knows you're about to obey. He will try to slyly throw you off track and tempt you to leave the path God has called you specifically to.

But you...
you stay the path, girlfriend.

You walk in victory with your head held high.
Because satan will NOT shout in triumph over you. 

"Fear not, I [God] am the First and the Last, and the Living One. I died and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys to death and hell."Revelation 1:17-18 












1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that you are so inspiring, Lacey. I was not having the best morning today, but this really uplifted me. Please, keep doing what you are doing ❤️.


    Brandi Williams

    ReplyDelete